Due to Covid-19, Tulsa Rocketry is implementing some new procedures for your protection.
- All flyers and spectators are expected to bring their own face masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, and disinfecting wipes.
- A contact trace form will be required for each vehicle. This form will enable us to notify you if anyone at the launch is subsequently diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Social distancing will be enforced. There is still some Covid-19 community spread in Oklahoma and we want to minimize the risk to attendees.
- Face mask will be required if social distancing cannot be maintained and when you leave the proximity of your popup or vehicle. Face masks will be required at flight safety and beyond the flight line.
- Gloves should be worn at flight safety and when loading rockets.
- Please fill out flight cards before arriving. We will have them at the launch, but you will need to fill them out prior to arriving at the flight line.
In addition to the above procedures, Tulsa Rocketry is implementing a new Liability Waiver form for flyers. Please fill out one prior to the launch.
Tulsa Rocketry 2020 Launches
February 9, 12 Noon to 4 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is February 16
March 8, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is March 15
April 5, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is April 19
May 3, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is May 17
June 14, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is June 28
July 12, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is July 19
August 9, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is August 16
September 26-September 27, High Frontier, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pawhuska Municipal Airport
October 11, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is October 25
November 8, 12 Noon to 4 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is November 15
No scheduled launch in December
January 10, 2021, 12 Noon to 4 p.m., Leonard; alternate date is January 17
All Tulsa Rocketry launches are open to the public and kids under 18 can fly low-power model rockets for free. Adults 18 and over must be a member of Tripoli or NAR and present valid proof of membership.
Note: Our launch site in Leonard Is Private Property. Please respect that and only go there when an actual scheduled club launch is taking place. To do otherwise is trespassing on Private Property. Visitors are always welcome at our official launches and meetings.
The following weather conditions must be met for us to launch
• Winds must be less than 20 mph
• Temperature above 50 degrees F
• Ceiling at least 1500 ft
• No burn ban in effect or high fire danger for the day
The final Go or No Go for a launch will be posted to our mailing list no later than 12 PM on the Saturday before the launch. Contact us if you would like to be added to the mailing list.