This contest is open to any flier. The goal is to get as close to one mile as possible. The winner will be awarded $52.80 in cash.
- You can use any single motor up to an M to hit 1 mile (5280 feet).
- You can use any rocket you like.
- You MUST use a commercially available altimeter to record the altitude for the attempt.
- Your flight card must have a check by the contest name.
- The altimeter must be presented to Flight Safety and they will record your altitude.
- Your rocket must be in a condition where it could fly again and presented to Flight Safety when you present your altimeter.
- Your rocket must go at least 4,752 ft high and cannot go over 5,808 ft to be considered a valid entry (1 mile +/- 10%).